Friday, January 24, 2014

Let go

I started writing this post a week ago. Day after day, it didn't feel right. I deleted it. Started over. And over. And over. I didn't know why I couldn't just feel satisfied with any of the many many topics I tried to write about. How come none of my ideas were working?

Doctrine and Covenants section 9 verse 9 says:

"But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong; therefore, you cannot write that which is sacred save it be given you from me."

I'm not working on the translation of The Book of Mormon like Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery were at the time they received this revelation, but I definitely think Heavenly Father was teaching me a lesson by sending a plethora of "stupor of thoughts" this week. It's a lesson I've been taught many times, but my oh so patient and loving Father in Heaven kindly re-teaches me again and again: "Let go" He pleads, "Let Me take control."

I'm learning. Slowly. When I started this post, for the final time, I intended it to be a post on prayer. Now as I look back at the words that have flowed from my typing fingers, I notice prayer is not the prevailing theme. That's okay. It's important that we relinquish control, because His ways are always better. 


What are you  holding on to maybe a little too tightly? Remember: we must let a kite have some string in order to fly. Let the string go a little more this week. Let Christ lift you and help you soar.


No comments:

Post a Comment