Friday, January 10, 2014

Feeling God's Love

I yearn to feel my Savior's love. Although I know His love for me is always there, some days I struggle to feel that love. Do you ever feel a craving for reassurance that your Father in Heaven loves you...that He knows you?

I feel God's love for me most when I am on my knees pouring out my soul in prayer. I tell Him about my triumphs, my heartbreaks, and I plead for His help. He answers those heartfelt prayers with a quiet reassurance that I am known. Usually that answer is a peaceful feeling in my heart.

When do you feel God's love the most? Comment on this post and share your experiences with me.

A recent article in the Ensign (a magazine published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) tells about other way God's love might be felt. Click here to read about how other young adults feel that love.


"Heavenly Father loves you—each of you. That love never changes. It is not influenced by your appearance, by your possessions, or by the amount of money you have in your bank account. It is not changed by your talents and abilities. It is simply there. It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always there."
 --President Thomas S. Monson

1 comment:

  1. I read the Ensign article. I could relate to many of the ways people feel God's love. I feel God's love when my pride has been hurt! He lets me know that that's all it is and everything is still good and my best efforts (feeble as they are) are enough. That peace is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete